Immigration Project - Crossing Borders
Crossing Borders is a change initiative to work with and on behalf of immigrant and refugee survivors of violence. Crossing Borders is an open exchange of ideas and a blueprint for action that puts:
Promotes Inclusion, and
Amplifies every voice
Here we ask people to share their experience, and then ask: Where does this lead us? We take a non-traditional approach to advocacy by going where immigrant and refugee survivors are – whether that’s at a kitchen table, in the fields, or behind a restaurant counter – and learning from their experiences. The result is increased visibility of experiences of violence and abuse, and services shaped by survivors’ needs, cultures, and communities.
Crossing Borders has a statewide presence as well as national partners.
Follow Our Work
- Collective Voice – Newsletter by Crossing Borders
- Contact us to join our listserv and receive periodic emails about news, events, and more.
- People who are living with or have survived violence tell us that immigration status and cultural isolation are major barriers to being safe. Crossing Borders Online offers tools and resources for advocates to deepen their knowledge on how to minimize these barriers.
- Does your organization serve immigrant and refugee survivors? Use Inside Out: A Guide to Self-Assessment and Planning for your Domestic Violence Programs
Prevention and Education
- Caminando en sus Zapatos
- Our training and events give you time and space to talk and learn with other advocates.
- The Crossing Borders Distance Learning Courses offer you training from the comfort of your desk.