Domestic Violence Fatalities by County
his table represents the number of domestic-violence related homicides and suicides in each Washington county. This table is updated every six months.
Homicide deaths include:
- homicides of domestic violence victims, their children, friends and family members by domestic violence abusers
- homicides of law enforcement by domestic violence abusers
- homicides of abusers by domestic violence victims
- homicides of abusers by victims' friends, family, or bystanders
- homicides of children by domestic violence victims
Suicide deaths include:
- suicides of domestic violence abusers, after the abuser has committed domestic vioelnce homicide or assault
- "suicide by police": abusers killed by law enforcement officers while committing life threatening violence toward a victim
It is likely that the numbers in this table represent an undercount of domestic violence fatalities. Some domestic violence homicides may be unsolved or unreported.